April 5th, 2019 (Humble Monthly Subscribers)
July 30th 2019 (Steam, Itch.io)
Hike, climb, and soar through the peaceful mountainside landscapes of hawk peak provincial park. Follow the marked trails or explore the backcountry as you make your way to the summit. Along the way, meet other hikers, discover hidden treasures, and take in the world around you.
A Short Hike began as a personal art project in December 2018. Game developer Adam Robinson-Yu was feeling worn out from working on his RPG project and took a break to design some natural landscapes. Inspired by summer hiking trips and exploring forests in his youth, he wanted to create something that could evoke those same feelings of peace and discovery. The project soon blossomed into a full-fledged title. Mark Sparling joined the project to compose music for the game. A Short Hike was selected by the folks at Humble Bundle and first released as the Humble Original for the month of April 2019. Since the Humble release, Adam has been working on a content update for the full release in July. A Short Hike hopes to provide players with a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of life in its scenic mountainsides.
- Explore the island any way you like. Choose your own path to follow and see where it leads you. You never know what you might stumble into!
- Hike at your own pace — there’s no need to rush to the summit! Take your time fishing along the river banks or swimming by the lakeshore.
- Collect hidden treasures to reach new heights. Try taking a dive off the mountain peaks to soar above the forests.
- Chat with the other hikers you meet along your route. You might be able to help each other out!
- Listen to a lush original soundtrack by Mark Sparling that progresses dynamically as you explore the wilderness.
Logo & Icon
Awards and Recognition
- Seumas McNally Grand Prize and the Audience Award at the 2020 IGF Awards
- Nominated for Best Indie Game at the 2019 Golden Joystick Awards
- Nominated for Family Game of the Year, Outstanding Achievement for an Independent Game, and Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction at the 23rd Annual D.I.C.E. Awards.
Creator, Programmer, Artist, etc
Art and Writing Contributions